|Presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. at the border. Provided by the campaign.
Independent Presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. released a new video on Monday documenting his second trip to the southern border in Arizona, "Stop The Crisis."
Kennedy took part in a roundtable on February 6 that was hosted by Cochise County Sheriff Mark Dannels, and included Mayors, attorneys, chiefs of police, medical professionals, chamber of commerce leaders, and a superintendent of schools so he could learn firsthand about what is currently happening with the border crisis and how to fix it.
"The humanitarian crisis at the border and the influx that's coming in is an existential threat to our country and our values," Kennedy said at the roundtable. "I want to focus today on what your ideas are on how to we can stop this as quickly as possible."
Kennedy toured the new multi-agency southern border operations center in Sierra Vista, and visited the border near Coronado National Memorial. He learned how the drug cartel is coordinating "load car" drivers to get undocumented individuals into Tucson.
Sheriff Dannels told Kennedy, while at the border, that when "President Biden took over he declared the southern border a non-emergency, which shut down all the developments on the border."
Cochise County Attorney Brian McIntyre told Kennedy that drivers are recruited almost entirely through Snapchat, Instagram, and other social media. He said a 17-year-old who attends one of the top high schools in the area told him, "Everyone in my school knows this is how you make money."
Sierra Vista Herald Managing Editor Matt Hickman, in explaining how Presidents Trump and Biden have no real interest in ending the border crisis, said, "Another important thing to consider is how much of an enormous political football the border has become and how much of an impediment that is. At this very minute in Washington, DC, we're just seeing political rancor, and I think it's very important for independents like Mr. Kennedy to keep up the fight because only the voice of independents can make any kind of wedge in this issue."
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s Border Policy:
- Secure the border and end the humaniarian crisis and national security crisis.
- Build wide gates for people who wish to enter the United States in a lawful, orderly manner.
- Deploy well-trained personnel and resources including technologies that were installed at the border and then dismantled by the Biden administration, such as cameras, lights, and motion detectors, coupled with physical barriers in key areas.
- Make passport cards available to any American citizen who can't afford them.
- Eliminate the influence of the criminal cartels that have turned immigration, drugs, and human trafficking into a multi-billion dollar business that victimizes both American citizens and immigrants with themselves.
- Work with Mexico and other countries to stem the tide of migrants.
- End military adventurism and foreign policies that destabilize other countries, to stop the tide of outward migration.
Stop The Crisis: To view the video on Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s visit to the border, please click here.
Midnight At The Border: Kennedy's first trip to the southern border was on June 6, 2023, when he visited Yuma, Arizona, and he released this video, which was Part 2 of his Running on Truth series to open his campaign, to show his findings. Please click here to watch it.