|The Yankees during batting practice. Photo by Jason Schott.|
The Yankees announced on Wednesday afternoon that they will host three more Yankees Batting Practice Block Parties on Monday, August 28 vs. Cleveland; Thursday, August 31 vs. Boston; and Monday, September 18 vs. Minnesota.
Yankee Stadium will open Gates 6 and 8 at 4:00 p.m., which is one hour earlier than usual, on those three dates.
Fans with tickets for the Yankees’ 7:05 p.m. games on those nights will be able to enjoy a number of activities while watching Yankees batting practice from the Masterpass Batter’s Eye Deck, Bleachers, and outfield sections of Yankee Stadium between 4:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
· Children’s activities and music
· Fans will have the opportunity to take photos with the 2009 World Series trophy and in the Judge’s Chambers.
· The Yankees’ “Hands On History” initiative will conduct a special program, allowing Block Party attendees the opportunity to hold a game-used Yankees artifact and try on a World Series ring.
· Guests for the Judge’s Chambers will be selected from fans at the Batting Practice Block Party on Aug. 28 and Sept. 18.
· Other special events and opportunities, which will be announced closer to the dates.
Please note that Yankees batting practice is subject to cancellation depending on weather and/or other considerations.
Tickets for these games — and all Yankees home games — may be purchased online at www.yankees.com, www.yankeesbeisbol.com, at the Yankee Stadium Ticket Office, via Ticketmaster phone at (877) 469-9849, Ticketmaster TTY at (800) 943-4327 and at all Ticket Offices located within Yankees Clubhouse Shops. Fans with questions may call (212) YANKEES [926-5337] or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WARNING: For the safety of everyone, all Guests must stay alert and be aware of their surroundings at all times during all batting practices, fielding practices, warm-ups and the game experience because hard-hit baseballs and bats and fragments thereof may be thrown or hit anywhere in the Stadium. Guests concerned about safety should proceed to a Stadium Ticket Window, located adjacent to Gate 6 in the Great Hall, adjacent to the Yankees Team Store behind home plate in the Great Hall, or adjacent to Section 320C on the Terrace/Grandstand Level.