The Happy Cookbook: A Celebration of the Food That Makes America Smile
By Steve and Kathy Doocy
William Morrow Cookbooks; hardcover, $29.99; E-Book, $23.99; available Tuesday, October 2
Steve Doocy, of the hosts of Fox & Friends, and his wife, Kathy have created a beautiful, full-color collection of their favorite recipes, pictures, and stories in The Happy Cookbook.
Steve calls Kathy, his wife of more than thirty years, "the best cook I’ve ever met."
The Doocys share stories that celebrate, comfort, and inspire happiness. They take joy in cooking and entertaining with their family and friends.
In addition to beloved family dishes, this full-color cookbook includes recipes from friends like musician Kid Rock, professional golfer Greg Norman, Dr. Oz, and many more.
The Happy Cookbook will not only appeal to Steve’s legions of Fox & Friends fans, but to anyone looking for accessible, fun, and delicious food that will inspire great meals for every day and for special occasions.
There are plenty of delicious dishes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, such as:
- Appetizers: Pimento Cheese Dip. Baked Buffalo Egg Rolls, Roma Tomato Flatbread
- Breakfast: Eggs in a Nest, Steve’s 3 A.M. Breakfast Smoothie, Brunch Bundt
- Soups and Salads: Bacon-Corn Chowder, Sally's Side Salad, Fully Loaded Wedge Salad
- Sides: Maple-Bacon Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Sweet Potato-Praline Casserole, Bow Tie Pasta
- Sandwiches and Breads: Cheesy Bierocks. Caprese Panini, Peter's Chicken Parm Sliders
- Everyday Entrees: Rocket Chicken, Grandma JoAnne's Pot Roast, Mamma Marie’s Meatballs
- Holiday Recipes: Kathy's Coffee and Cointreau Cranberry Sauce, Sunday Gravy, Candy Canes
- Desserts: Nutella S'mores, 4-H Club Chocolate Sheet Cake, Mary's East Apple Galette