Avocaderia: Avocado Recipes for a Healthier, Happier Life
By Alessandro Biggi, Francesco Brachetti, and Alberto Gramigni
Houghon Mifflin Harcourt; hardcover, 224 pages; $19.99; available Tuesday, December 4
The popular Brooklyn cafe Avocaderia became an overnight sensation when its doors opened in 2017, and they recently wowed the team of investors on ABC's Shark Tank.
Alessandro Biggi, Francesco Brachetti, and Alberto Gramigni created the world's first avocado bar, and it delivered just what people wanted, simple, nutrient-rich dishes full of flavor that also are Instagrammable.
They have compiled all their avocado expertise into their debut cookbook Avocaderia: Avocado Recipes for a Healthier, Happier Life, which unlocks the full potential of avocados in surprising and delightful dishes.
- Avocado tips from A to Z: how to know when they're ripe, how to store and ripen them, how to prevent browning, and how to cut them (with step-by-step photos)
- The recipe for the Instagram-famous Avo Burger, in which two avocado halves act as the buns. It is healthier than a regular bread bun, and prettier as well. This is a great gluten-free meal option.
- Avocado-based desserts are nothing new, but have you ever had an Avo Paleta (Mexican ice-pop) before? How about candy-like Caramelized Avocado Wedges with Spiced Seeds and Dulce de Leche?
- International influences from kitchens around the world: Mexico (Mango Tuna Avo Ceviche), Egypt (Mediterranean Toast with Dukkah), Japan (Pan-Seared Salmon-Avo Onigiri), Greece (Grilled Avocado Shrimp Souvlaki with Avo Pitas), and last but not least, Italy (Bresaola and Avocado Carpaccio).
- Inventive, avocado-centered menus to entertain, including for New Year's Eve: serve mini Let It Beet toasts as an appetizer, then bring out the showstopping Avo Burger and decadent Avo-Chocolate Mousse. For a Super Bowl party, serve Guac Tots with Pico de Gallo, Baja Fish Tacos, and Avocaderia's take on traditional Guacamole
|The Avo Burger.|